Installation of Skyconnect Satcom System
Certified for AS332L/L2, Bell412, EC-155B1, EC-225, S-76 series and S-92A aircraft.
A flight tracking system to meet contractual and operational requirements incorporating EMS Skyconnect LRU’s.
The Bristow modification provides for the installation of a Skyconnect Iridium Satellite Communications System with a flight following function.
The installation consists of the following:
- Skyconnect Transceiver, Data Converter & Power Relay
- Satcom Switch Panel for system power & tracker mode
- Skyconnect Mission Management Unit Dialler
- Aero Antenna Technology Iridium Satellite Antenna
- Circuit Breakers
- System wiring to interconnect the Satcom system and interface it with existing systems
- Voice Telephone Communication: Voice telephone communication to ground stations via the Iridium satellite network is provided using the remote telephone adapter / display unit interfaced with the aircraft’s audio integrating system and crew headsets.
- Tracker (Position Reporting): Aircraft parameters including identity, type, position, ground speed, altitude and flight / ground status are automatically reported via the Iridium satellite network to ground stations at pre-assigned time intervals. A pilot operated, guarded switch allows the reporting rate to be increased if required.