Our stance on environmental stewardship is broad and far-reaching. Recognizing that the aviation industry has a significant role to play in the global greenhouse gas (GHG) reduction ambitions, we have a diverse range of initiatives aimed at reducing our own emissions footprint, as well as managing and mitigating our impact to the local environment. The following are some of our highlights in environmental performance:
- Undertaking proactive measures to reduce aircraft emissions and reduce the environmental impact of our operations. Modern fleet technology includes flight planning software for payload management to ensure aircraft engines perform efficiently and are regularly maintained by an experienced engineering team.
- Maintaining ISO14001 certification in the UK and Brazil and an ISO14001-aligned global Environmental Management System (EMS).
- Pursuing early adoption of Sustainable Aviation Fuels (SAFs) in partnership with engine manufacturers, aircraft manufacturers, fuel system suppliers, our customers, and other stakeholders.
- Avoiding adverse noise impacts to our communities, by utilizing mitigation measures such as hush houses for engine runs, installing noise walls around our bases, limiting engine runs and establishing aircraft operating “quiet hours” in the evening, and selecting aircraft routing that avoids residential areas, where these can be implemented.
- Transitioning to electric ground support vehicles in our operations where available in country.
- Partnering with several Advanced Air Mobility (AAM) OEMs in the certification and development of electric vertical takeoff and landing (eVTOL) and electric short take-off and landing (eSTOL) aircraft.